Friday, April 8, 2016

Happy Friday 
Painted Furniture!






I love the look of painted furniture! Even more I really appreciate when there is an opportunity to give an old piece of furniture an updated and fresh look.

I can imagine this in a young girls bedroom!  

When I found this  Drexel Heritage night stand.
I new it was the perfect piece for me to try my hand at painting. 

For this project I wanted to test some colors and techniques for an upcoming, much larger project for a client of mine.

I am using Amy Howard One Step 
www.amyhowardhome.com 
I purchased mine from Ace Hardware

In Amy's tutorials she makes a point of pointing out that this is a one step process, not one coat.
Well, I ended up using three coats.  Sorry Amy, that is three steps in my mind.  
Amy also points out that you can just paint and your project will be complete if you choose.  Or, you can wax.  
I chose to use the Amy Howard Clear and Dark Antique wax  to finish my piece.  
So painting, sanding, applying waxes and buffing, all total it was about six steps.  That does not include prepping the piece before you get started.  

Here is the piece before I started and some pictures along the way.









After last coat of paint was applied before applying wax.




                                        
I hope you have enjoyed my project!
Happy Decorating!
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment