Saturday, January 3, 2015

Adding Custom Trim Work to Interior of Home

Happy New Year to everyone!

I ended 2014 in a whirlwind.  At Beautiful Spaces I ended on a really high note.  From start to finish we transformed a beautiful waterfront home into something truly spectacular.  I am officially in love with the process of adding traditional moulding to an existing home.  The transformation was magical to me.  
My clients were looking for something to add a finished, polished look to there home. They felt the builder had dropped the ball when it came to some of the interior finish work.   Maybe some additional crown moulding?   The builder they were in contact with was having trouble articulating his vision.  When they contacted me they were unsure of what was needed and were having great difficulty envisioning anything. 

The following is a journey from the original conversation with my clients to the finished spaces.  I learned a lot along the way, about how much of a difference adding beautiful moulding to a home can make, identifying trim and wood pieces, but mostly that transforming this space was also transforming me.  In many ways most things that I chose to take on concerning this project were all very new to me.  I was often second guessing my ability and frightened that maybe I had gotten in way over my head.  I was certain of one thing, my vision.  How I would achieve that would be discovered one step at a time.  One deep breath at a time. 
So, One Client, One Vision, One very nervous designer, and One very patient and skilled builder later.  I am happy to share the results of the fireplace and focal point of the Great Room.  

The Focal Point of the Great Room was in need of a makeover



 Design Concept Rendering By:  Cindy LeBlanc



Fireplace mantel and surround before photo




Custom Fireplace Mantel , Upper Mantel and Surround 
Design by: Cindy LeBlanc / Beautiful Spaces
Custom Millwork by:  Mike Ziemke Builders
Custom Window Treatments:  Cindy LeBlanc / Beautiful Spaces
Sconces: Barbara Barry for Circa Lighting



Happy Decorating!
"Make Your Home Your Favorite Destination"
I would be happy to schedule an appointment with you to help re-envision and fall back in love with your home
Cheers! 
Cindy


  

No comments:

Post a Comment