Monday, July 2, 2012

Color Inspiration - Yellow & Blue Bedroom

It is Monday and I am very excited to finally share my design idea inspired by this beautiful yellow & blue Warbler.  Later my hand rendering will be finished and ready to share!



  If any one knows which specific Warbler this is, I would love to know. 
 In my last post, I put myself to the challenge of finding inspiration in nature as well something I love.
Well I love birds and I absolutely love the colors in this beautiful bird.  

  I chose a dark organic wood flooring. 

  Wood flooring

There is nothing that compares to a hand knotted wool rug.   I chose this beautiful rug from Jaipur Rugs.  The warm yellow & cream as well as the muted pattern, ground the room in soft warmth without overpowering it with color or pattern. 

Jaipur Rugs 
 



   The bedding, drapery and furniture fabrics have a lot of white in them and help keep things really fresh.  They also add most of the rooms pattern and color.  I chose these lovely sheets from Serena and Lilly for the small details they bring to the room.



Serena & Lily Sheet Set


Askandra Flower in Delf / Fschumacher Company
Chair


Greenhouse Fabrics
Duvet, Shams & Drapery Panels


Kevala Paisley in Delf/ Fschumacher Company
Bedskirt and Shams




I really love the punch of translucent color the bright yellow Murano glass pendant and table lamps bring to this room.  


For the bedside chest I chose this amazing piece from the furniture collection at Somerset Bay Home.
All of the furniture collections from Somerset Bay Home are handcrafted from Mohogany and then finished to a beautiful patina in a 6 step finishing process. The choices are endless. The look is timeless!




Indian Key Chest
bedside chests


For the finishing touch  I chose these wonderful blue coral prints from Soicher & Marin



If you have a question or are looking for some help with a project in your home.  I would love to hear from you.
Make your home your favorite destination.
Happy Decorating!
Cindy




No comments:

Post a Comment