Thursday, August 5, 2010

How does your home make you feel?

Take time out to really consider what kind of feeling you want to invoke in the space you are considering changing.    Calm, Energizing, Relaxing.
These are just a few to get you thinking.

Often when changing  a space in our home we think about how we want it to look.  That is an important equation, but don't forget to consider how you want it to feel.    
I have a wonderful client who really got me thinking about this.  She described a room we are redoing as making her happy! 
Do you feel one way or another when you enter any given room in your home.
Maybe you haven't given it much thought. 

When I receive a call to give design advise, often I hear that the client  just does not like the room.  Things just don't look the way they would like.  But often there is a disconnect as to why they room is not what they are looking for.
"I just don't know"  is a common response.

Maybe the room is not evoking the feeling that is desired.  Like Happy.
I like that one.  
Here is to your home greeting you with Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment